I thought I would share a story of what it's like to take your 8 year old son & 10 year old daughter shopping together. For those of you who don't have kids, but hope to one day, let me preface this by saying that not all of our days are like this, kids are wonderful, so hurry and have them so we can hear all of your stories :)
The other day I decided to take the kids back to school shopping. The kids are either a). very cranky & in a bad mood while shopping or b). getting along - but very wild while shopping. Well today was a b). day - the kids were getting along - but were running wild. We were at Target - and within the first 5 minutes the kids were climbing around the cart and touching every item of clothing - giggling and chasing eachother. I would whisper threats, but evidently the thought of summer coming to an end was too much for them to bare so they decided to get all of their energy out in one day! So anyways I'm in a bad mood not only because of the kids, but since we waited to the last minute to shop, all of the size medium shirts were completely sold out - so unless I wanted Blake to wear a XXL shirt, we were out of luck. When we were almost done with the school supply section - I was kind of in a daze -focused on finishing the shopping trip and getting home! I see this dad walking with his two daughters - in matching dresses no less - serenely walking along the aisle. As I was noticing this my two lovely children run up behind me and Blake says very loudly (while laughing) "Mom, Mackenzie just gave me a nipple twister". I was shocked- first of all we don't say this word - secondly everyone around us was now listening! After a quick inhale of air - I say "Blake, first of all, I never want to hear you say the word nipple like that again. Secondly Mackenzie, do not pinch your brother"! I then not so wisely decided to take a second to explain to Blake that we never ever give girls "nipple twisters". He looks at me like I'm a moron and says "Mom, girls don't even have nipples"! Well - what can you say to that! Hope you enjoyed this lovely story!
Summertime Sweets
22 hours ago
1 comment:
That's so funny!
Post a Comment