Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Remembering David


Today would have been my brother, David’s 24th birthday. I can’t believe that it has been almost (6) years since he passed away. I can’t help to think what it would have been like to still have him around. Would we have been close? When he passed away, we still lived in Maryland, so we only saw him once a year. Would we still be living in Maryland? Would David have been married already? What type of career would he have been interested in?

The past 11 years of our lives have been full of wonderful blessings and as well as trials. God has always made it clear to us, where we should go and what we should do. Jake and I have lived in (3) different states and moved (7) times! Within the past (6) years we have lost my brother, father-in-law and my dad. Through all of this, God has always comforted Jake & I and protected us.

The pain of David’s passing is no longer fresh. We are now able to look back at pictures and talk about him without constant tears. I found this verse today that is a real comfort to me:

2 Corinthians 1:3-5 (New Living Translation)
“All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. For the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with his comfort through Christ. “


I am so thankful for my wonderful husband. He has been there for me through everything without complaint. Through all of the happy times and the trials, God has made our bond together even stronger. I am so blessed to have him!

If I could share one thing with each of you it would be…don’t hold grudges and don’t let petty things get in the way of your relationships with your friends and family. Always be thankful for what God has given you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good stuff, Wells. I'm really pumped you guys are out here!