Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What We've Been Doing the Past Few Weeks

As you can tell from the lack of blogging - we have been busy the past couple weeks - but unfortunately neglected to take pictures of several of the events :)
  • Not pictured - but still very important :) - Our good friends - Mark & Joanne welcomed their daughter Olivia Grace into the world. 5 Weeks early - but healthy & pretty much perfect! Congratulations Mark & Joanne!


  • pictured below: the kids decided to make Jake & I lunch - it was so sweet! I admit, there were times during the 1 1/2 hours that they were in the kitchen (with a sheet shielding us from looking) that I was a little concerned about what they were planning in there. But when they brought this tray into our room I was very impressed. Unfortunately the picture does not do it justice. They made grilled cheese - cut into heart shaped pieces. chicken quesadillas - cut into flower & sunglasses shapes and chicken salad sandwiches cut into leaf shapes. They did a great job - so I had to include this in my post :)





  • Cosmo decided that he is a dog! For those of you that know Cosmo - he is not a dog - more like a combination of a pig & a cat - but when Indy is around some of the dormant dog genes resurface and it's always entertaining to watch!






  • We decorated for Fall. Yes I know - I have a lot of pictures - but Fall is the start of cooler weather which leads to our favorite time of year - C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S! So it's a BIG deal around our house. I will admit that it was a little frustrating sweating in the hot weather while putting out our pine cones and pumpkins - but we love coming home to the fall decorations & are hoping that the weather gets the hint & gets cooler :)












  • We went to an Angels game a couple of weeks ago. It turned out to be a great game! The Angels were down 6-1 or something like that - but then hit several home runs and came back to win it. I normally don't pay much attention while at the games - I enjoy the atmosphere - but I'm not glued to my seat watching the game - this game however was very exciting & brought us all to our feet to cheer.





    I included this shot so you could see how long Blake's hair was - as you can see from the school pictures in our "first day of school" post - his hair is much shorter now. I still think the long hair suits him - but it was nice to have a cleaner look for school.


  • This past Sunday we celebrated Andy's birthday at our place. It was nice to hang out with Andy, Allison & Rob for the evening. We watched old videos and laughed at Jake & Jason's mustaches they grew to surprise Andy - several songs that Andy & Jacob thought were worthy to record :) - as well as some of our fashion choices!

We had to include the token flexing shot

when Andy's around - we usually have a few of these shots


No comments: