Monday, July 6, 2009

The Getty

For our "field trip" last week we went to the Getty in LA. The Getty is absolutely amazing! This was our first visit, and I'm not really sure what I expected, but it certainly exceeded every preconception of what I picture museums to be like. The grounds were gorgeous, the combination of modern buildings with beautiful gardens - plus the views surrounding the center - there were so many picture opportunities! The kids really enjoyed themselves as well. I think the painting exhibits were my favorite. We rushed through the photographs - since Blake isn't quite ready for the nudes on display :) There was so much to see that we didn't even make it to one of the buildings! We'll have to go back again soon.









sorry for the blurry picture - I discovered that I'm incapable of taking a picture w/out a flash - since I can't hold still long enough! But this is such a famous painting - that I still had to put it on the blog!



1 comment:

The Browns said...

I loved it too - I went with my friend when we were out there after graduation...you know it wasn't with Big D, Inc. :)