Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dillons Beach

Over Thanksgiving break, we joined my sister and her family at Dillons Beach in Northern CA. My sister’s family has been going to this spot for years – it’s such a great location! The campground is on a grass field which backs up to sand dunes – climb over the dunes & you’re on the beach! The area was surrounded by quaint towns and rolling green hills. It was so pretty!
I’m not much of a camper – which worked out well since my sister and the other families we stayed with had campers :) Blake & Mackenzie loved running around the campground and exploring the beach. The kids walked down to a local dock to go crabbing – without success – but a ton of fun!
We drove through a town called Petaluma on the way home – the trees were absolutely gorgeous! It was so nice to be able enjoy the fall colors again. It looked like a pretty cool town – tons of old buildings - but with an artsy feel. I’d like to go spend a weekend taking pictures – especially since all of my pictures were literally taken out of a moving car on our way home!
For Thanksgiving the guys deep fried (2) turkeys. We ate so much on this trip that I think I’ll have to go on a diet until Christmas! Thank you Highbaugh family for a fun & relaxing time!
Above - view of our campsite from the dunes
Below - view from the dunes


My sister's neighbors also came along for the trip, they have (2) pugs. We already knew that Cosmo was "big boned" - but next to these pugs he looked ridiculous! Diet dog food for Cosmo!


I wish I could have taken a better picture - but this was with my phone while the car was moving - it was just so pretty!





Bodega Bay was about 10 minutes away from our site, so we drove over there to enjoy some delicious clam chowder & crab cakes. The kids were excited to see seals off of the pier. Both kids love the movie "The Birds" so they were excited to see where it was filmed.



Mackenzie really enjoyed hanging out with her cousin Megan.

Blake, Megan & Mackenzie at the dock


view from the crabbing dock




This is pretty much what Cosmo did all week long.


It was nice and chilly in the evening - which was a wonderful change from our warm weather! We all bundled up & enjoyed the campfire every evening.









The Brown & Highbaugh Families



another picture from our car - but I had to include a picture of the trees!



1 comment:

The Jacobs said...

How pretty!! Looks like a great trip!