Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Kate McRae

I've posted about Kate before on my blog, she's a 5 year old girl who was recently diagnosed with cancer. I was reading the journal today at www.prayforkate.com and was struck once again by her parents - even though I have never met them - their trust and faith in God is inspiring. It is such an amazing thing to see so many people - joining together and praying for this family in need. We are so blessed to have a God who listens to our requests, cares for us and comforts us during difficult times. I thought I would share what her dad, Aaron wrote on their journal on Saturday:

"Tonight we passed one million hits on this website. That is amazing and so hard for us to comprehend! Either a lot of people are praying, or our family and close friends are re-clicking every other minute. In the middle of all our pain we know that God is doing a work through Kate's story that is touching the hearts of many. We are grateful for the stories of men and women who have come to know Christ through this time of trouble. We have been encouraged to hear how God is renewing a passion for prayer and intimacy with Christ in the lives of some. I want to encourage anyone who reads these updates to not be distracted or discouraged by Kate's story. Rather if you are stirred by hearing of Kate, go to God, listen for His voice, read His word and hear for yourself His words of life and hope. I know there have been days where I have been sidetracked by blogging, or reading the comments posted here and neglected the source of my strength and hope. I want to put 2 challenges out tonight the first is related to this. "Go to God" Get a Bible in hand and read and meditate! Out of that time PRAY! Nothing fancy or sophisticated just heart felt prayer.Secondly, I was driving down the highway tonight and reflecting on the fact that so many are praying for Kate, and how thankful we are. Also, at the same time I was overwhelmed with how many people are facing similar struggles in their own lives, and with their own children. So here is my 2nd challenge! When you read this post, would you go find another child/family/person in need and pray for them as well, and write a note of hope to them. It can be as simple as clicking on our Guestbook and looking for someones comment who has a link attached. May this army of prayer warriors go on full assault! Storm the gates of heaven, as intercessors, as son's and daughter of the Most High God! There is such power in prayer and we serve an Almighty God...Aaron"

No comments: